Hey there! Ever wondered how those beautiful avocado roses just seem to grow directly out of so many foodie blogger plates? I sure did. So wonder no more, because after some thorough googling, I found out how to create those green super yummy roses. And you know what? It won't take you longer than 5 minutes AND you'll be set to impress your friends and family at your next dinner invitation - or step up your insta game. All you need is a ripe and blemish free avocado (which is kind of tricky, I know - the ripening of avocados can be annoying AF), a sharp knife, a chopping board and steady hands. How about decorating your next Buddha Bowl with it? Check out my Buddha Bowl Blog Post for directions on how to create one. Ok, here we go!
What You Need To Do In Detail To Create An Avocado Rose
- Cut the avocado in half.
- Get rid of the skin and put the avocado facing down onto the chopping board.
- Now your steady hands come in handy: Slice the avo vertically in very thin slices and make sure it remains as a whole.
- Once you're done, press the avocado softly together at the top and the bottom and the thin slices will slide into a horizontal line.
- Use your palms now to roll these slices into a circle. I started with the right side as the inner bud of my rose and rolled the whole left side around it (clockwise). Do this slowly. The thinner the slices the better as you have more surface area to roll.
- Yey, you're done! Use something flat and wide (e.g. the blade of a bigger kitchen knife) to move the avocado rose onto a plate.
- Enjoy your gorgeous, eatable and healthy decoration 🙂